Thursday, August 04, 2005

Credit Card Fraud Prevention

I got a voice mail yesterday from the Royal Bank Visa Security , when I was told that somebody in Manitoba used my Visa paying $$XXX.XX for housing.
OK, I called from my work and talked to a guy and he advised to destroy the card and assured me that they will deal with the situation.

Only after I hanged up, I realized that it could be a VOIP phone fraud as well.
So, I went to their Web site and, alright!

I couldn't find that 1-800 phone number I just had called.
Then I called a Consumer Contact number and they told me that number I have called is a valid one and they don't want to have it listed on the Web site.

So, now for all of you out there, please use as a precaution measure whenever you get a call, verify, whenever it's possible, its authenticity.
My 2 cents (Canadian).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Valid XHTML 1.0!